Pages

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Going vintage glam with stunning birdcages!

What better way to bring the Zucchini season to a perfect ending.....marrying some very good friends!  Angie was the first member of staff we employed ten years ago even before Zucchini became a wedding venue.  How ironic that almost decade later we would marry her in the gazebo just before we leave to go back to the UK!!!!!!!   

But the pleasure was all ours and on Sunday 9 October 2011 we married Angela Christie and Karl Gregory in a non denomination ceremony in the Zucchini gazebo......it was lovely!  Angie hadn't been at all fussy in the run up to the wedding....the usual hunt for the dress.....not easy in Cyprus (a post for a later date).  Trying to choose a colour scheme and we did go through quite a few until Angie saw some ribbon I had found in a shop in Limassol....she was hooked and it really changed the theme and colour scheme for the whole day.

We don't have the luxury of great shopping here in Cyprus and invariably when you are looking for something specific we have to trust finding it on the internet.....however I managed to find what I can only describe as a fabulous haberdashery shop full of beautiful double sided, floppy satin ribbon in the most stunning colours......all the vintage sludggies in greys, greens, dusky pinks and Angies mulberry colour.... pink hurrah!

So shabby chic....bordering vintage glam it was.......on a budget of course!  We chose cream birdcages for the tables and I had several white birdcages in various styles and sizes that we decorated the rest of the room with.....these are going to feature in my very first window display at Flora and Grace!  Angie and Karl had hired some pretty wooden signs.......BRIDE, GROOM, WEDDING THIS WAY, CANDY BAR and a very large pair of angel wings....that Alex took far too much of a liking to!  The flowers were very pale pink with eucalyptus, I added some ivory and a dash of tiny hot pink rosebuds for that romantic look.

Angie's bridal flowers were very simple but very pretty in Sweet Avalanche......and as a present from me I decorated the stems with antique lace and a diamante brooch.......stunning!  Also as a gift from Zucchini I made a very pretty birdcage table plan (which will also be available to hire from Flora and Grace as from January).  Sometimes I have to produce decoration for weddings that really isn't my style at all.....granted I can't do just everything that I like NOW can I.....but with this wedding it was very much my style of decoration which will be evident in Flora and Grace when we open the doors in January!

The whole day was extra special in so many ways.....good luck to this fabulous couple......Angie and Karl may you both live happily ever after in complete wedded bliss Xxxxx.















No comments:

Post a Comment