Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Inspired by Chanel.....Oh how darling!



Since the season started I've been absolutely run off my little legs.....sometimes I don't know which hat to wear.....wedding planner.....cake maker.....florist.....chef......office administrator all I do know most of the time I could do with two heads to wear two hats at the same time.......I get so busy!

One passion that had to come way down on my list above is my love of stationery......I love designing unusual stationery.......bespokes, one offs and very personal to the couple.  So it's with enormous pleasure when I get the chance to lose myself for an afternoon designing......this Sunday was one of those lovely days!

My bride had no idea what she wanted for her table plan......over to me to surprise her!  I do a lot of research on the internet for my blog and the weddings in general and I came across a beautiful photograph......rushing as usual I did't bother to save it......nevertheless it stuck in the back of my mind!

The picture was very simple just a wall of white paper flowers.....some kind of advertising for Chanel......I was smitten it was elegant, fresh and exactly what I was looking for in my design.  My finished table plan is very different from that bigger picture by Chanel, but still very effective.......simple, elegant with just a touch of colour....in this instance green!.....I hope you like it my adaptation.......?

Which brings me very nicely onto my Flora and Grace project.......this is for future way,way off yet......I don't want any of my lovely brides fretting......I know you DO!  Wedding and social stationery is going to play quite a large part in my new boutique in a very smart area back in the UK where I grew up!.......This week I will be sharing my dreams of FLORA AND GRACE with you......how I came about the name, the brand, the boutique......when, where, how, why????????.......Join me in my new project......Oh and I'm looking for artisan suppliers.....wedding related, unique and not necessarily on the HIGH STREET!  That could be you do you have a gift, art craft that you would like to share with me and become part of Flora and Grace......I would love to hear from you!!!!!  EMAIL please!

No comments:

Post a Comment