Pages

Sunday 10 April 2011

Want to be a wedding planner?......Read on...

Absolutely pooped......what a busy two days.  When we have weddings back to back I come out the other end like I've just completed ten rounds with Mike Tyson.....seriously today I ache all over like I've been in some kind of fight not organising two weddings.......nevertheless it was worth it!

Organising weddings takes precision planning almost like a military operation from the kitchen to the front of house.......from flowers to tables......dinner to disco......Alex and I plan every last detail so that our couples have an absolutely glorious, stress free day......and it's all in the teamwork! 

For those of you who have just found my blog let me enlighten you!.......Welcome to my world of wedding organising/planning in the Mediterranean!  Not an easy job even if your not in the Med.......so if you think (like so many people in Paphos and elswhere) that this sounds like a nice job and something you could possibly do if you get a bit of free time!  My advice is give it some real thought.......this day is one of the most important day of someones life......and it's just become your responsibility......easy?  Think about it for a moment.........what skills do you HAVE to offer!  Ater all this couple are going to be paying you to organise their wedding day!  

I've been planning weddings in Cyprus for the last 8 years.....give or take.  Prior to that I worked for an exclusive London company organising and planning events for the rich and famous!  I am lucky in the sense that I have always been quite artistic and love creating so......I CAN make wedding cakes.......I CAN create bridal and table decorations......I CAN make wedding and social stationery.......I CAN style and PLAN weddings and events large or small.  I'm a chef by trade......and I love food styling.  Makes me seem like wonder woman doesn't it?  Absolutely not but all these skills help me with my job on a day to day basis as a wedding planner!  It's a fabulous job and one that has made me a very comfortable living.....with a little bit of help I'm sure it could do the same for you!

I guess the point I'm really trying to make IS that you do need skills of some description......not necessarily my skills these are things that I LOVE to do and have come with years of practice.  Ask yourself this ONE QUESTION......do you have any people skills?  If  NO then this job isn't going to be for you.......If YES then join me as I take you on MY journey as I plan some very important weddings.......possibly even your wedding!!!!!!

Over the next few months I hope to inspire you on your journey as a wedding planner!.......Firstly how we get our weddings?.......The office.......after all this is where it starts, this is where your organisational skills are paramount.......paperwork and legalities......your website, forums.....these play a very important part in your business.  Venues, costs, food, drinks, flowers, transport, photography, hairdressing, makeup, music, entertainment, pre-wedding meetings with clients...... you need some knowledge of these things just to get you started

In the not too distant future my life as a wedding planner in the Mediterranean will come to an end.......I will return to the UK and when I do I plan to set up my new business FLORA and GRACE which has been in the initial planning stages for sometime now.......very much wedding related, incorporating all aspects!  Over time I will share my plans for the future and how I plan to build my new business.......maybe you can inspire me!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment